Royal Norwich Golf Club
Royal Norwich Golf Club, Drayton High Road, Hellesdon, Norwich, NR6 5AH
31.4 °C few clouds
0.5 mile W of Norwich ring road, on Falkenham road (A1067)
The Hellesdon site dates back to 1893 and was redesigned in the 1920s by James Braid.
Royal patronage was granted in the same year by the Duke of York.
In 2014, the members of Royal Norwich Golf Club voted in favour of relocating to Weston Park, subject to satisfactory planning consents being obtained at both the Hellesdon and Weston Park sites. There is likely to be a transition and development period of about three years prior to final relocation. Royal Norwich Golf Club will invest a substantial sum in creating an outstanding course and clubhouse together with other onsite facilities.