Royal Burgess Society of Edinburgh
Royal Burgess Society of Edinburgh, 181 Whitehouse Road, Barnton, Edinburgh, EH4 6BU
21.04 °C broken clouds
Contact General Manager 0131 339 2075
Pro 0131 339 6474
House Manager 0131 339 2012
18-hole mature parkland course set in beautiful parkland and one of the features is the variety and positioning of many mature trees
Located on the outskirts of Edinburgh, the golf course is just six miles from the city centre and easily accessible by road, rail or air.
By Train :
Waverley station 6 miles from Barnton
By Car :
From the south on the M8 follow the Edinburgh airport signs. After passing the airport on the left, at the first set of traffic lights bear left past the Stakis Maybury Casino. At the next traffic lights follow the sign for Cramond. The clubhouse is located on the right immediately after the parade of shops behind the Barnton Hotel.
From the north on the A90 follow the dual carriageway until it becomes two-way at the 30mph sign (Cramond Brig Hotel). As you approach the Barnton junction take the slip road left into Whitehouse Road. The entrance to Royal Burgess is immediately after the parade of shops.
By Air :
Edinburgh airport : 15 minute taxi journey from Royal Burgess.
The course was originally designed by Willie Park Jnr with subsequent improvements from Harry Colt and Philip Mackenzie Ross
Instituted 1735, the Royal Burgess Golfing Society is the oldest golfing society in the world and one of only 10 "Royal" golf clubs in Scotland.