Golfers can now enjoy a complete Resort experience by playing the exclusive Real Club de Golf El Prat, a 10-time host of the Spanish Open, while staying in La Mola, the perfect base to enjoy one of Europe’s most respected golf courses.
The new exclusivity agreement between the two has further strengthened El Prat’s portfolio of hotel partners and has made it easier for visitors to enjoy its Tour-proven facilities by partnering with the onsite hotel.
Marcello Della Vecchia, director of sales and marketing at El Prat, said: “the product El Prat-La Mola is highly ranked among European golf Resorts and this renewed partnership will further enhance the experience for our golfers as they will enjoy the freedom afforded by close proximity to our courses.”
Guests will enjoy La Mola’s semi all-inclusive board including breakfast, daily aperitif with wine, cava and & chef choice snacks as well as unlimited beer, soft drinks and tea/coffee throughout their stay.
The four-star modern building boasts 185 bedrooms, 3 bars, restaurant and is home to a wide range of services for relaxation and health including spa, infinity pool, steam baths and fitness centre.
A three-night stay at the onsite hotel on a semi all-inclusive basis per person in a double room, two green fees and buggy transportation to the course and back start from €384 (£332), while five nights with three green fees is from €618 (£535) and a seven-night stay with five green fees is from €918 (£794).
Made in Denmark R3
Dating back to 1912, El Prat is one of the oldest courses in Spain and remains one of only a small number of clubs to have been granted “Real” or Royal status by King Alfonso XIII. It has hosted the Spanish Open on 10 occasions and has welcomed some of the biggest names in golf, including home legends Severiano Ballesteros and José Maria Olazábal, eight-time Major winner Tom Watson and European Ryder Cup captain Thomas Bjørn.
Set across the 518-acre estate of BonVilar – just 35 minutes from the centre of Barcelona – El Prat makes clever use of its 45 Greg Norman-designed holes, over an exciting, varied mix of three highly acclaimed courses: the Pink – ranked the fourth best course in Spain by Golf Digest magazine – Yellow and Green. It is listed 16th in Golf World magazine’s coveted ‘Top 100 Resorts in Continental Europe 2018’ rankings and 19th in National Club Golfer’s ‘Top 100 Golf Resorts in Continental Europe 2018/19’.
For more information, please visit www.realclubdegolfelprat.com
- Dating back to 1912, Real Club de Golf El Prat is one of the most renowned clubs in Spain and was granted ‘Real’ or royal status, by King Alfonso XIII after his visit.
- The renowned club has hosted the Spanish Open on 10 occasions: 1956, 1959, 1963, 1971, 1978, 1981, 1998, 1999, 2011 and 2015.
- The current 45 holes were designed by Greg Norman over an exciting mix of five highly acclaimed loops: Abajo, Arriba, Piscina, Bosque and Valles. The Pink course – ranked the fourth best in Spain by Golf Digest magazine – comprises the Arriba and Bosque nines, while the Yellow Course is made up of Piscina and Abajo.
- Real Club de Golf El Prat has created stay-and-play packages to suit everyone. The onsite La Mola offers a complete Resort experience while each of the tree other hotels partners ensure visitors have the perfect base from which to experience its fabulous courses and the historic and cultural sights Barcelona and its surroundings has to offer.
- El Prat is listed 16th in Golf World magazine’s coveted ‘Top 100 Resorts in Continental Europe 2018’ rankings and 19th in National Club Golfer magazine’s ‘Top 100 Golf Resorts in Continental Europe 2018/19’.
- The multi-award-winning El Prat has been granted Spain’s Golden Plaque of the Royal Order of Sporting Merit.
- It has played host to more than 250 top-level national and international championships, including European Tour events, with top stars of the calibre of Sergio Garcia, Miguel Ángel Jiménez, José María Olazábal and Tommy Fleetwood taking part.
- The club has hosted some of the biggest names in golf, with Spanish legends Severiano Ballesteros and José Maria Olazábal, eight-time Major winner Tom Watson and European Ryder Cup captain Thomas Bjørn among its roll call of previous winners, while Masters champion Sergio Garcia and Pablo Larrazábal are both members.
Pictures courtesy of Jacob Sjoman, Jennifer Arias, La Mola & Real Club de Golf El Prat